For healthy travel this summer, or anytime, preparing a Healthy Travel Kit makes sense. Maintaining your health during your summer travels can be a challenge. The following suggestions may seem like obvious things, but they make a huge difference.
The following tips are just a few of our suggestions when it comes to healthy travel. Be sure to check out the other articles containing more tips.
1. Avoid alcohol before and during the flight. This aggravates dehydration
and reduces your endocrine system’s adaptability.
2. Hydrate! Drink lots of water and liquids, except for caffeine which dehydrates. Remember some sodas like Mountain Dew also contain caffeine.
3. Walk periodically during the flight, especially on longer flights. Stretch and relax. This will improve your circulation and lower the chances of getting blood clots in your legs.
4. Don’t lean against the airplane wall, as this increases radiation exposure. If sitting in the window seat, dampen the sun rays, as you are at a higher altitude where the solar rays are more intense and more likely to cause sun damage.
5. To offset jet lag, take some melatonin at bedtime upon arrival and upon returning home. Or you may use BioClock Regulator, a homeopathic remedy that will help to offset the jet lag and return your sleep cycle to homeostasis.
- Take 20 drops under tongue up to three times per day the first three to four days of travel and upon returning home. Take away from meals.
- You may also take a sleep formula that contains melatonin. We suggest a formula called Insomnitol that contains support for serotonin and Gaba along with the melatonin.
6. Carry some healthy snacks such as protein bars, nuts and trail mix for the flight and during your trip.
Preparing a Healthy Travel kit will make your trip much more rewarding, and when you return home, you can get right back to business!
Follow Universal Wellness Associates on Facebook.