Jean Hilton, MA, CNC
History for Jean Hilton, MA, CNC
Jean has been a part of the Universal Wellness Associates team as a nutritional consultant and health coach since January of 2018. She continues to be passionate about studying current research and exploring new ideas in the field of nutrition and wellness including biofeedback brain entrainment, stress management solutions and developing an abundance mindset with healthy food.
Jean’s interest in the field of wellness began during her journey with family members facing health challenges. When she saw loved ones suffering, she utilized medical research skills she had developed in her first graduate program to developed successful healing protocols for conditions such as Tourette’s syndrome and metabolic syndrome. Her interest became even more personal when she was diagnosed with Reflexive Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) in 2013. This often debilitating neurological pain disorder was triggered after a simple broken wrist. After her own healing experience through acupuncture and nutrition, she had a strong desire to help reduce pain like this in others. She gained a new respect for the body’s own healing mechanisms and the power of creating an individual approach that works with the body to optimize wellness.
Although Jean graduated with her Masters Degree from John F. Kennedy University in June of 2018, she has gained insights from various educational perspectives throughout her life. She received her Bachelors of Science degree in Speech and Hearing Sciences in 1987 and continued graduate coursework in Speech Sciences until her first child was born and a new life path began. As the years passed she participated in various graduate programs including Education and Curriculum Development at Brandman University, Oriental Medicine at AIMC Berkeley and became a Certified Permaculture Designer. Each of these life experiences has come together synergistically to allow a more holistic approach for wellness.
Jean sees functional nutrition as an integrative key to any individualized wellness plan and enjoys working with clients to reach their nutritional goals. She loves to reflect on how much stronger and younger she feels today than she did ten years ago and attributes this to nutritional and stress management changes she has made throughout this journey.
Managing the effects of chronic stress has been of special interest to Jean. The American Institute of Stress has demonstrated that 70-80% of hospital visits are stress-related. As a result, adopting effective stress management skills, may reduce long-term suffering and is deeply cost- effective.
Currently, Jean enjoys using HeartMath™ biofeedback techniques to entrain the heart, brain, and body to work together in a more structured and harmonious way, resulting in significant long- and short-term health benefits. She supports this program with tools from her training in International Coaching Federation strategies and meditative modalities for deeper integration.
Observing meaningful change in the lives of others as they develop these skills is a favorite part of Jean’s work at Universal Wellness Associates.
John F. Kennedy University:
- Masters of Holistic Health Education
- Certificate of Functional Nutrition
- Certificate of Health Coaching: International Coaching Federation Training Program
Courses developed by Dr. Datis Kharrazian:
- The Development and Aging of the Brain: 2017
- Mastering the Thyroid: 2017, 2018
- Mastering Brain Chemistry: 2017, 2018
- Mastering Functional Blood Chemistry: 2017, 2018
- Functional Endocrinology: 2017, 2019
- The Neuroendocrine Immunology of Environmental Triggers: 2018
- Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications for:
- Gastrointestinal System (2019, 2020)
- Medical Qigong Practitioner: 2020
- HeartMath™ Interventions Program: 2019
- Detox 360 Training by Linda Clark: 2018
Bio for Linda Clark MA, CNC
Linda holds a Bachelor of Music Degree from SF State University and a Masters in Holistic Health Education degree from John F. Kennedy University and a Nutrition Consultant certification from Bauman College of Holistic Nutrition and Culinary Arts. She is an adjunct professor at John F. Kennedy University and teaches graduate courses in holistic nutrition, functional endocrinology, diet and meal planning, functional testing, thyroid health, brain health, men’s and women’s health for the Holistic Health masters program. She has traveled extensively throughout the United States as a speaker for Apex Energetics. She is the author of a booklet called “Gluten Free Life” which makes it easy for people to create a gluten-free lifestyle and created Detox 360 for Apex Energetics. Detox 360 is a powerful diet and lifestyle approach to detoxification and long-term health. Both are available in the offices of health professionals across the country.
She was a featured speaker on the “Adrenal Summit,” highlighting the connection between detoxification and adrenal health. Her most recent venture is an online class for health professionals entitled, “Clinical Nutrition and Functional Wellness” in which she provides education on clinical case management of various areas of health and how to nutritionally manage chronic health conditions. She is part of the practitioner support team for Apex Energetics and provides nutritional advice for other health professionals.
She has been featured in Dr. Datis Kharrazian’s best-selling books, Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms Even Though My Lab Tests Are Normal and Why Isn’t My Brain Working? She has certificates of completion for the following trainings by Dr. Kharazzian:
- Understanding the Complexity of Gluten Sensitivity, 2014, 2017
- The Gluten, Leaky Gut, Autoimmune Connection 2014, 2018
- Neuroendocrine Immunology of Environmental Triggers, 2013, 2014, 2017
- Mastering the Thyroid, 2010, 2013, 2019
- Early Signs of Brain Degeneration, 2013, 2017
- Mastering Brain Chemistry, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019
- The Neuroendocrine Immunology of Perimenopause, 2011
- Mastering Functional Blood Chemistry, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2019
- The Neuroendocrine Immunology of Blood Glucose Issues, 2012
- Autoimmune Regulation by the Nitric Oxide and Glutathione Systems, 2010
- Cortisol u0026amp; Melatonin Circadian Rhythm Physiology, 2010
- Functional Endocrinology, 2007, 2019